Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Hit A Gun Show, Scored 7 AR 30 Rd Clips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Did a similar post at a Glock forum, and I also slipped up and called a magazine a clip. In that forum, I get ruffed up a bit, like I did here, expected. I screwed up, but on that forum, it was the Mods that were the meanest. I posted back, the same way I did here, and one mod took offence, and banned me.

Now really, is calling a mag a clip, a good enough reason to ban someone? If so, I will miss you guys!
Not here, its just that all those glock koolaid drinkers are snobs and believe they do no wrong!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Did a similar post at a Glock forum, and I also slipped up and called a magazine a clip. In that forum, I get ruffed up a bit, like I did here, expected. I screwed up, but on that forum, it was the Mods that were the meanest. I posted back, the same way I did here, and one mod took offence, and banned me.

Now really, is calling a mag a clip, a good enough reason to ban someone? If so, I will miss you guys!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Someday, in my old age, I will tell you all how post 22, came after post 21. lol

Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Someday, in my old age, I will tell you all how post 22, came after post 21. lol
Ha.......!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #25

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:

I'm surprised you were not arrested. I was thinking about hitting 911 when I saw your post.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #26

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post

And it is called Dolfin, not Dolphin. Fin - fish. Phin - Mammal
Sorry but you are incorrect.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahi-mahi

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Last edited by sirhc; 03-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #27

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentialPyro View Post
I guess you think the term "assault weapon" for a modern civilian semi-automatic sporting rifle is ok too!
Have you see this video about the name "assault weapon"?

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #28

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:

It may annoy old school hard liners but I agree with the OP. I know the difference between a clip and a magazine and use the correct terminology, especially around other "gun people". However, I don't get my nose bent out of shape when someone else misuses the word clip or uses the dreaded phrase "assault rifle". Besides, how many here have heard of a Banana magazine vs Banana clip? FYI, Banana Clip - A large capacity magazine for Automatic weapons. Named "banana clip" because it's shape resembles a banana. Soon after the adoption of the M1911 pistol, the term "magazine" was settled on by the military and firearms experts, though the term "clip" is often used in its place (though only for detachable magazines, never fixed). = Wikipedia. If I do hear someone use incorrect terminology, I will politely say, "FYI, it's really a magazine, not a clip" and will explain the difference if the other person doesn't know. Once someone has pointed out the difference, there's no need to post a dozen replies telling the OP how wrong he is.

OTOH, if you are going to post on a gun forum and know the difference, use proper language. It makes the regulars happy and prevents the sniping and petty arguments that waste time and space better spent on other subjects.

Last edited by rachilders; 03-01-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #29

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60 View Post
That's why I hope the gov would ban clips over 10 rounds. Don't think I've ever seen one.
lol.....nice