Help your fellow man! Don't buy!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows >

Help your fellow man! Don't buy!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 230 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I was told the ammo at walmart had a W or something in the item # and could be identified. Anybody know if that is true? That might be something to watch out for, if you don't keep current on your ammo prices.
I just checked a box of 40s&w and a box of 38special, both white box winchester bought from 2 different wallyworld locations, neither have a W anywhere that I would say would denote a wally purchase.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
Liked 1450 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 105

I have never seen 9 mm cheaper at a gun show then Wal Mart. However, .38 and .45 LC are cheaper at the gun show, or in the case of the .45 LC, not available at Wal Mart. Here in Central Florida the local gun shops are way more expensive then anywhere else.

I get .45 LC at the gun shows for about $23 for 50, and the best I have gotten from a LGS is $35.

Here in Florida if the guy is trying to sell .45 ACP for $16 over Wal Mart price at a gun show, he is not going to sell much. Now he may be a gun shop guy, and he will get it there, particularly if he has a range and is a nazi over what you are shooting. No lead, no re-loads, and people either don't shoot or buy from him.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ya some people just like to prey on the uneducated. I will buy it at a gun show if the people are friendly and only a buck or two more then walmart just because they do have some overhead. We have a couple different LGS here in town. when looking for a gun i called around found the one i wanted the guys were friendly and patient, and thats with my 8 year old and a 3 year old the wife was watching looking around the store. Went to the other one with just the wife and kid they barely answered any questions and looked at me like i was gonna walk off with everything i could and my kid was gonna break the rest. Very rude people will not see repeat business