Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Gun Show Near Cleveland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Default Gun Show Near Cleveland

Went to the Berea Gun Show this morning at the Cuyahoga County Fairground. Almost had more fun people watching than shopping. Saw all kinds.

But what really suprised me was the amount of people who would grab a gun off of a table without asking permission. Then they would point it out into the crowd with their finger on the trigger. I don't believe I saw anyone check to make sure the chamber was empty.

I know that the vendors make sure that there is never ammo near their wares, but I was a little nervous a couple of time watching the business end of a pistol track across where I stood with Joe Smoe's finger on the trigger. I walked away from a couple displays earlier than I wanted to.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #2

So was the show pretty awesome? I'm gonna be going to the one in February. I'm hoping to pick up my first handgun there! I'm leaning mostly toward a Browning HP but am also interested in a Beretta 92FS. Did you see any Brownings at the show by chance?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

There was a lot of everything there. I was looking to price a Smith and Wesson M&P 22, so I really was just looking past most other handguns. I did notice quite a few Beretta 92FS's (as I think they are beautiful guns). Overall, there was a good amount of product there. I am sure that you can find what you are looking for there. Good luck

Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #4

I live in cincinatti, but I am originally from Cleveland. Specifically Berea and strongsville. Also Parma, and bay village. Just moved to cinci last year! I've been to that exact gunshow twice. That's where I bought my G19. Very fun people watching and great gun lookin there. Fun times. Good to hear people from Cleveland on here

Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #5

Well that's good to hear that it's a pretty decent show! Only three more weeks till the next one I believe and I am very excited! Hopefully I can price a browning there for a decent deal.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #6

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I don't know of a single worthwhile Gun Show in my neck of the woods. Just small little shows with with very high prices and indifferent, unaccomadating vendors. You folks are lucky to have a nice show.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
But what really suprised me was the amount of people who would grab a gun off of a table without asking permission. Then they would point it out into the crowd with their finger on the trigger. I don't believe I saw anyone check to make sure the chamber was empty.
Say something to one of those uneducated goofs and see what happens. They act like YOU'RE the one who is an idiot. I think the dealers don't say anything because they're afraid of losing a sale.

I think the best way of approaching it is say something quietly to the guy. If it's loud he feels compelled to defend himself and/or act like a bad ass. If it's just between the two of you, he might get the message.

Some people don't want to get involved, but he cooks a round off (it does happen), you can be involved real quick, and probably in a way you don't want to be.

"Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mattis, USMC