A good time to sell? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > A good time to sell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Beans and Bullets Boy,s buy Bean,s and Bullets

Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

as in bullets to reload, don't waste your money on factory ammo, except .22's. Use a .22lr conversion for most of your rifle practice, and be realistic about what a pistol can do. if it's beyond 5 yds, it's not pistol stuff, and beyond 10 ft, best have earplugs in your ears and be using cover, cause most of your shots will miss the man, and most of the hits will be poor hits. that's what happens, be real about it. if you need more range, better have a fighting rifle.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunLover1969 View Post
There's a gun show coming up in January in my area. Members of the organization that puts the show on can legally sell to each other because they've already had background checks.

As attached as I am to my AR and two AKs, I'm thinking now would a good time to sell given that I could probably get top dollar in the current market. Would you?

Read my blog - search My Gun Diary
I can't tell you how to work your finances, but I would darn sure keep at least one, and that would be the most reliable one.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

I can't tell you how to work your finances, but I would darn sure keep at least one, and that would be the most reliable one.
One AR, two AKs, a mini 14 and a SKS. I think I'll keep them all!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1000 Posts
Likes Given: 563

I am going to take my mini 30 to the show tomorrow. I have a mini 14 and an AR. I was thinking about selling the AR but my wife can shoot it because of the adjustable stock and she has been shooting her 15-22 so it stays. I want to replace the Mini 30 with a bolt like the Ruger Scout or similar but looking at the ammo situation I might be better off with a hunting cartridge like the 270. There was 270 available at normal prices but 223, 308 and 7.62x39 were getting scarce or nonexistent.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #16

There's a show in Atlanta tomorrow and I am thinking of selling some of my extra stuff. I have bought lots of high cap mags over the years - some even for guns I don't have or don't even want. If I can get a good price, I am thinking of selling 2 AR pistols, a Bushmaster CAR and 3 complete lowers.

I've always bought and never sold anything at a gun show. Do they mind if you sell a gun and then go get another and come back inside? Sounds silly, but I don't want to run afoul of the rules/etiquette. Will they mind if my wife has a purseful of mags when she comes inside?

The biggest problem I see is that not many people will have cash to buy anything even if they want to. Is there any way to get around this problem? Like maybe putting the guns on consignment at a local shop.

I got some of the old metal East German AK mags I bought back in '96 - are they worth more or less than the modern mags? If they aren't worth much then I'll just keep them but I don't really need 17 mags for my one AK (in addition to the 100 round drum).

Last edited by oldbutspry; 12-28-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry
There's a show in Atlanta tomorrow and I am thinking of selling some of my extra stuff. I have bought lots of high cap mags over the years - some even for guns I don't have or don't even want. If I can get a good price, I am thinking of selling 2 AR pistols, a Bushmaster CAR and 3 complete lowers.

I've always bought and never sold anything at a gun show. Do they mind if you sell a gun and then go get another and come back inside? Sounds silly, but I don't want to run afoul of the rules/etiquette. Will they mind if my wife has a purseful of mags when she comes inside?

The biggest problem I see is that not many people will have cash to buy anything even if they want to. Is there any way to get around this problem? Like maybe putting the guns on consignment at a local shop.

I got some of the old metal East German AK mags I bought back in '96 - are they worth more or less than the modern mags? If they aren't worth much then I'll just keep them but I don't really need 17 mags for my one AK (in addition to the 100 round drum).
I sell my extra mags and accessories on gun broker. As far as going out and back in for more guns to sell, I don't see why not. I tape a sign to my back that says "for sale..." and the I put a description and price. Works like a charm. I also tape a for sale sign to the gun case.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #18

Well, prices weren't high enough to make me want to part with my stuff. The place was really busy but there were plenty of AR-15's available (and lots of other stuff). I was more tempted to buy than to sell but I resisted the impulse. Hopefully things will go back to normal without a ban. I think I will double my supply if I get the chance.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I bought a DPMS stripped lower, and built a gun. Mostly with BCM parts. Gesiell two stage trigger. Daniel front guards. It now sports a trijicon, with a magnifyer.

Just because it has a Panther roll mark, people won't give me **** for it. So I keep the best gun on the market. But after visiting the local gun show today, just having any AR is good.

After the panic, I am gonna build many more AR,s. With DPMS stripped lowers. They are as good as any. And I will command a good price. LOL

Doin' what I can, with what I got.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #20

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Yes, selling surplus, truly surplus, stuff you have is a great idea. The time is right and you are sorta doing people a favor -- they'll be happy to pay a premium for what you have at this time, and they know they are... It's insurance to them. Win Win.