Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   A good time to sell? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/good-time-sell-78947/)

GunLover1969 12-20-2012 07:57 AM

A good time to sell?

There's a gun show coming up in January in my area. Members of the organization that puts the show on can legally sell to each other because they've already had background checks.

As attached as I am to my AR and two AKs, I'm thinking now would a good time to sell given that I could probably get top dollar in the current market. Would you?

Read my blog - search My Gun Diary

therewolf 12-20-2012 08:43 AM

I'd say now is a good time for

target practice...

sputnik1988 12-20-2012 08:47 AM

There's no way I would sell... I was going to sell my SKS since i got my AR, ain't happening now.

70cuda383 12-20-2012 01:57 PM

My problem if I sold anything, is that I'd have to turn around and buy something to replace it, so no, I don't see myself selling anything any time soon, even though I have 2 ARs --yea, I can only shoot one at a time, but, I like having a spare!

JonM 12-20-2012 04:28 PM

Im considering selling my dpms panther or trading it off. Put all the dpms parts back in it and get top dollar for it and buy something else. We have two bcm and two rra ar15 an ak a scar17 and numerous ww2 and bolt guns.

Now is the time to get rid of those not so good ar15 you couldnt give away if you have something better.

Donn 12-20-2012 04:58 PM

Can't decide. I'd like to flip my Bushmaster, take advantage of the panic. Was gonna use the money toward an all steel Colt my LGS was holding for me. Don't know if it survived the run on the store yesterday.

Stillersfan 12-20-2012 05:01 PM

I have invested too much time and money into mine. Besides, one day your going to need it and not have it anymore. It'll be too hard to get another later.

Overkill0084 12-20-2012 05:45 PM

If you sell off your high demand firearms, you may be unable to replace them economically. Or at, all for that matter.
I bought mine because I wanted them, not because I thought I might be able to flip them when some douche shot up a school.
IMHO, if you avoid getting hosed in the panic, this is the time to buy more, not sell. I placed two lowers on order at my LGS on Monday. They claim that they will eventually come in, I'll believe it when I see it.

GunLover1969 12-20-2012 08:32 PM

Maybe I'll sell when I'm 80 years old and can no longer make it out to the range due to a hip replacement or severe incontinence. I enjoy shooting my AR and AKs far too much to sell them now. Besides, they look oh so good hanging on the wall as art work.

bonney 12-20-2012 10:34 PM

I'd sell any "spares" and I'd sell all the "non-combat" gear, while there are still fools who will buy them, and get ready to FIGHT(for real).