Good show, Bad show? Thats up to you? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Good show, Bad show? Thats up to you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

You just can't see the police in the parking lot because they are plain clothes. I have had more than one undercover try to get me to purchase a gun or help a fellow down on his luck. Believe it or not, the ALE manages to arrest a couple idiots at every show.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3170 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

A future topic for the Podcast to be sure. Sometimes a Gun show is just what you want, and sometimes it's a nightmare. I went to many nightmare shows back east,..in upstate NY and PA,...now here in Az. I have been to a few local shows, and have not had a dud yet. I still need to get down to PHX for a show....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #13

Liked 44 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I am also a native from LI 20 years removed to AZ and agree except for the Allentown show most others were duds. The only exception was the Ohio Gun Collector Shows that I attended 3X a year despite the 620 1 way trip. It was well with the trip. The Phoenix Cross Roads show use to be decent until 7 or 8 years ago. Then the shows began to get overwhelmed with swap meet items and the quality of items went down as the prices for them went up. THe last show I attended there was the SAR show in 2007 and that was mostly for parts. I haven't gone to a show in a few years.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

one of the best gun shows i use to attend many years ago was held in the Astro Hall at the AstroDome in Houston Texas in February. it was on a Saturday and Sunday and it was so large ti took every bit of a day to just get around it. several times my friend and i would attend and we never saw everthing they had displayed. there was just too much there. and it seemed they had anything and everything gun related.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #15

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

The large regional shows are good but the local show are nothing more than rummage sales.
Has anyone noticed this trend in local gun shows? There is always the same guys there with the same guns they have had for the last four or five shows. The only thing that has changed is the stack of .22lr that they are way over charging for, that sits on the same corner of the table as the seller is sitting. And he is watching them like a hawk & won't let you touch them without cash in your hand.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 05-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3170 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
IMO, the shows are going to suck for a while,

then get better. The reason things are the way

they are now is people are buying all the schlock.

In a while vendors will have to compete better,

then things will improve.

Schlock. The last time I heard that I was at a flea market in NY....

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #17

Gun show is uniq movement.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hello all

Thank all of you for responding to my post,. I feel the thread has gone a tad astry when I say that shows good or bad its On US? We Tolerate the Non Gun items, as Promoters we allow that to happen, as the Public we buy this crap and further perpetuate the issue? We Buy ammo from Gougers and Fools and then Complain when we think of what we paid or did in trade? We have the power to fix it and weather we do or not is UP TO US? I am a seller at shows and I am just as Guilituy as the next fellow, But I am making a difference and our local shows have seen some improvement! Yours, well thats On YOU????

Ron

Old 05-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #19

Liked 235 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I don't tolerate what has happened with gun shows. I voice my opinion by not attending and falling prey to what they have become in the past 2-3 years. I have discovered that I can find much better deals and many unique and rare firearms and estate sales and auctions. Pay to park, pay to get in, pay to look at sunglasses, t shirts, and the same old ar15, desert eagle, etc. I'll return if and when it suits me.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #20

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I am not a fan of the local shows. It is definitely a sellers market. I have had god luck recently with the classifieds in a couple local forums I check out.