Concealed Carry at Gun Shows - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Concealed Carry at Gun Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

To clarify about here, there isn't a law prohibiting carry. It's at the discretion of the show promoters and/or the venue owners. The most they would ask you to do would be to unload and secure your firearm or if you refused, ask you to leave.

I don't remember the York incident.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you are correct. in virginia some shows ask you to lock open your action on all guns. i think in my case i get a pass on my carry weapon as i am a ffl dealer as well as ccl. even then some shows still demand your carry gun be dissabled as well.

thanks for the input

terry

Old 01-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #43

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I go down to the Utah Gun Shows and they ban carry guns in the show. A few years back Block Busters Movie rentals posted No Weapons in Store. The same guys that go to gun shows with the same rules went nutts. The Utah Gun Owners Assoc. marched in front of the Block Buster stores and had Boycotts against them. I am not in favor of gun shows banning people with valid CCWs Walmart does not and even liberal leaning K Mart allows CCWs.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The only gun show I was allowed to carry was the NRA Convention in Phoenix AZ. Most of them dont allow carry and require all guns to be disabled with a plastic tie. There was an incident at one show where someone loaded a round into a 45 auto. The dealer was busy but was kind of suspicious when the guy set the pistol down and took off in a hurry. He checked the pistol mostly because he thought the guy might have stolen a part and found the live round. He was evidently trying to create an incident and did not care who got hurt.
About 10 years ago, my brother and I were at a gun show at the Tulsa Fair grounds and someone discharged a firearm hitting another person in the leg.

Several years ago I was at a gun show at the Kansas Coliseum in Wichita, someone was looking at a 22 rifle, pointed it at the ceiling, and pulled the trigger (bang).

I don't know if there are any statistics, but I suspect it's happened more than most people think. I'm all for requiring ties through the gun action at gun shows. There are a lot of unsafe people walking around.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #45

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Kind of a tough call.............general public allowed at shows.
Many tacticools, rednecks and newbs are just plain stupid and dangerous because of it.
To limit potential damage, they ban concealed carry at the shows I go to.
Dealers can carry..........but yeah some of them scare me too.
Do you guys check the bucket at the door...............all the rounds they pull from "unloaded guns" brought in for possible sale?
Yeeeeesh!

OK, so I think carry is silly in a gunshow.

But what about when leaving?

Guns, maybe a lot of $............long walk to parking lot with arms full................looks like a great scoring opp for a badguy.

It's more fun to go to a gunshow with a couple of buds, but it also makes sense for safety (getting to and from vehicle).

Solo, probly ought to have something ready to rock when in the parking lot.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #46

Wouldn't suprise me about folks trying to plant ammo in guns for an accident...........anti gunners, somebody going through a divorce (ruin hobby or business), rivalries of other nature.

I check check and check again, all guns that touch hands.

I don't trust anybody.

Watch the open used racks of cheaper rifles/shotguns at some shops like a hawk. If somebody's messed with one, when they leave I fgo over and check. Bud's shop had somebody put a .22 in one once.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #47

What kind of resoning is that? You are concerned about too many people being reckless with firearms at gun shows? Then you must be really afraid on the streets with many of us carrying concealed weapons? Would you require that all concealed firearms be banded with a plastic tie?? You need to rethink your stand on this. Making everyone feel safe is a tool of the Antigun Leftest.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #48

At shows people openly fondle stuff.
It has degraded these days into some sort of macho tacticool fashion show.
Don't see much of that on the streets.

Sorry man, the average person IMHO is a freakin retard.
Don't care if they are part of the gun culture or not.

Just askin' for John Q to screw it up, by "allowing" CC at a show IMHO.

I think a non enforced rule might be of damage limiting use.

If you have $$$$ or guns, are going to be back and forth in the parking lot with such, yeah, have a J frame or something small hidden. Have your bud be the pack mule and you the armed person, hands free.

I just get sick of folks looking at a gun, their bud goes "hey that's like mine" and he pulls it from his waistband and points it at me when moving to show it to his bud (had that happen at shows and when I worked in a shop).

All the damn time.

Oh yeah, big friggin' sign at the shop I worked " Please-No loaded firearms allowed".

Now when the LE or military guys do it to me, I feel even more special.

Lost count how many times guns have been pointed at me, dozens of loaded ones at least. Kind of blase' about it these days, it happens so often.
Thankfully none ever went off.

Other guys at the shop before I worked therehad to patch some walls and change their underwear due to some customer screwups.

Will agree, that the average anti gunner is an exponentially more stupid person than the average gun owner

Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #49

Hookeye we get the point. You are smarter than the rest of the gun owning public. Please Americans have owned and used firearms long before your revolations of our being a stupid group for the most part. Americans gun owners will survive long after you are gone.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #50

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i tend to aggree with your post. as a firearm instructor & ffl dealer i maintain the legal position that i will not teach someone to carry that is not (in my openion) capiable of handling a firearm, much less carring one in public. i think that ron white said it best "you can't fix stupid". i have asked this question to the atfe and they agree. i was worried about future law suites if i would not take in a student. in todays society where people don't even know how the presidental candidates are i would not allow these persions into one of my classes as i see them as not capiable of this responsibiliy. i would not want to see them armed! perhaps in time they could be trained but not by me. i spend my time training those who have a working knowledge of firearms and what they can do. i also reccomend that all graduates attend gunsite to sharpen all of their abilities.

keep on shooten

terry

Last edited by topcat990; 01-22-2012 at 09:04 PM.