Concealed Carry at Gun Shows - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Concealed Carry at Gun Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

At the Hattiesburg show, i usually see at least a few dealers open carrying, which i thought was almost impossible in MS. Personally, i think it would be better to prosecute the crimes when they happen rather than persecuting everyone beforehand. The last AD/ND at the local show was a deputy (may not be now, not sure) who lost a toe to a 10-22 magnum that his child had been carrying around for most of an hour after purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Something else I didn't think of with those prisoners, in my area, those types are the ones that most would deem safe to return to society any way. The ones who are in jail for child support or one too many DUI's, while the violent types are usually sitting back at the clink watching "I love Lucy" on cable TV.
I had a buddy when i lived in Memphis who got two felonies due to an incident in which one jerk he knew but had not invited inside ran in and was shot by another uninvited jerk. The backstop clinched it, 300 pounds of weed.

The buddy did his work release working on Memphis city busses & didn't sound to be amongst angels.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #32

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

my wife and i were at last years nra convention in pa. (right to carry state) and as usual i carried both at the show and outside. when we meet gov. huckabee who was then a possiable presidential canidate i had brought him a gift from my business. the gift was a hand made .22 calliber wooden box for bullets. it was engraved with his name. as you can expect security was tight and as they were walking past each of the guests when they got to me i offered my gift for inspection and then opened my jacket so that security knew that i was carring. nothing was said. they thanked me and we meet the gov. a few minutes later. i guess my point here is that if you can carry and its not in an off limits place. i carry. if i enter a business that states they don't allow carry. i leave. they have the right to say no. i have the right to take my business somewhere else.
point is this. politions are no different then other citizens. in fact what they aspire to makes them more beholding to the citizen. beware of the
politition who wants or needs an army of armed guards and yet would take away your right to carry.

anywho

keepen on the target

terry

Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #33

I live in pa and really only attend the york shows and they require you to unload your firearm but never zip tied them open and the last time I went still didnt but last year we had same yahoo go into the show buy a 12g,box of shells and walked back out side and shot himself with the gun. After that they got alittle stricter, still didnt zip tie mine nor my brothers but they didnt let anything get buy them. In fact there was a guy in front of us that refused to unload and they wouldnt let him in and after something like that I dont blame them, you never know what people are thinking

Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsteelshooter87
I live in pa and really only attend the york shows and they require you to unload your firearm but never zip tied them open and the last time I went still didnt but last year we had same yahoo go into the show buy a 12g,box of shells and walked back out side and shot himself with the gun. After that they got alittle stricter, still didnt zip tie mine nor my brothers but they didnt let anything get buy them. In fact there was a guy in front of us that refused to unload and they wouldnt let him in and after something like that I dont blame them, you never know what people are thinking
I live in eastern PA. I usually attend the Reading,Lancaster and Philadelphia shows. They ALWAYS make us unload and zip tie. Its a bit of a PITA when trying to find a new holster or similar accessories but I understand reasoning behind it.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You can carry in a gun show here in Texas, but you have to have your weapon 'safed' with a tie-tie by a police officer or Deputy. They also check for ammo in your mags. It's not as if you couldn't buy ammo and then load a mag, but it just isn't done. We know when we have a good thing going here in Texas.

There was one time though when I knew the deputy as a former comrade at the SO and he just walked me through.

USMC Retired

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................

Old 01-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #36

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The shows here on the west of Pa., for the most part, are no different. Then again, most of the larger ones are run by the same people that run shows elsewhere. There was one sponsored by a VFD once at their fire hall that didn't restrict carry. That was a surprise.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #37

Any of you pa guys remember that shooting at the york show?

Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #38

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Here, there are no specific laws concerning carrying at a gun show. Gun shows fall under the same rules as any other place of business. They have option to put up signs, but there is no criminal penalty for carrying on posted property. If they catch you carrying, all they can do is ask you to leave.

Personally, the idea of restricting concealed carry at a gun show is rather silly. No different than a gun store.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 AM   #39

Its not a law here either, its just the people holding the shows that dont want them loaded.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #40

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I went to this years show... under protest, didn't take my gun..but it was a good show, high prices of course but I picked up a few things, I did get to find out more about my old early 1800's musket. I have a model 1822 French Musket that was changed over to percussion cap in 1840's along with the barrel, it had a smooth bore 69 cal. changed to a 71 cal rifled. a little hole in the side of the stock is where they put holy water in and capped it to bless the Gun.. Cool stuff. I can post some pics if anyone is interested..All in all I enjoyed the Gun Show, but every long gun for sale was zipped tied as well and made it impossible to try the action, I believe this hurts the possibility of more sales for the Dealers.. Lots of older guns there, which I like the best..Still a Stupid Law, IMO..
Take Care..musket-002-small-.jpg

musket-small-.jpg

musket-001-small-.jpg

Last edited by glockman55; 01-17-2012 at 01:12 PM.