Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Gun Shows > Concealed Carry at Gun Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

The local gun shows invite all types to see the displays.

The unsafe handling of firearms demonstrated by most people makes me cringe.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #12

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman55 View Post
I don't agree with this way of thinking. I just don't go to any Gun shows anymore, most everything is over priced anyway..But I guess I can't see a problem, any permit holder is supposed to be a responsible and component to carry a firearm, so I just can't see what the difference is in the gun show vs Walmart.. It should be dealt with by the law, if a CPL holder breaks the law then he pays the price. We all shouldn't have to pay for these Morons. Like that will ever change...Right?
Here's the way I look at it, and you may disagree, and rightfully you should disagree, because in a perfect world we would all think, act and behave like responsible adults.

I've seen many people that should not have a carry permit. These are the irresponsible people, the yahoos, jackasses, and the "Militia Nutjobs" (Not downing all militia, but most of you know the type I'm talking about)

Do y'all know why more people die in car accidents than airplanes? Because there's more cars on the road than there are planes in the air.
By the same token, if you put that many armed people in a confined space, the idiots are bound to make their appearance, and yes, as Glockman mentioned, we shouldn't have to pay the consequences of these morons actions, however, it is an imperfect world we live in. I mentioned something about someone firing off live rounds at a gun show while I was in attendance, so here's the story.

I can't remember the name of the town, but it was near Moorehead City, north of Jacksonville NC. Just some random guy, who was out shopping for his first handgun, and he asked the vendor he was talking to how to operate it. This IDIOT vendor showed the man how to load and chamber a round with LIVE ammunition, and let the guy handle it.

Some of you may think you know where I'm going with this. It wasn't the random, non gun educated bumpkin who fired off the rounds, it was the VENDOR after the man handed the gun back, for some reason he pulled the trigger. He said he was so shocked by the gun going off that he flinched and pulled it again. 2 shots, in a crowded, confined area, by a man who should have been (and likely was on any other day of the week) knowledgeable in the safe handling of firearms, and a responsible person.

No injuries or deaths, thank God.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #13

gunshows in alaska seem to from on it. i don't agree with it but i do understand why

Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1171 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

As was stated earlier about Florida, the State Policeman at the door wireties the gun safe and in you go. In Orlando, with the generally large crowds, I am okay with it.

There are too many people and too many opportunities for accidents. I am okay with it. I walk out and cut the tie with my pocket knife, and if I have bought some rounds, re-load. No one says anything about it, and the LEO community is well represented outside the buildings.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #15
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Could you imagine what would happen in a room full of armed folks, many of whom are yahoos, when (and it would be when) an AD happened. It could be like the old time pie fights in the Three Stooges, only with bullets.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Gun shows I have gone to Zip Tie them.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman55 View Post
I don't agree with this way of thinking. I just don't go to any Gun shows anymore, most everything is over priced anyway..But I guess I can't see a problem, any permit holder is supposed to be a responsible and component to carry a firearm, so I just can't see what the difference is in the gun show vs Walmart.. It should be dealt with by the law, if a CPL holder breaks the law then he pays the price. We all shouldn't have to pay for these Morons. Like that will ever change...Right?
I agree with you 100%, it just makes no sense at all. I guess I'm not responsible to carry my gun in a place that sells guns and knives, right! Also what really makes me laugh is the sign on the door of my local gun shop. "No concealed weapons allowed". Are you kidding me or what!

Old 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

What I understand from a Gunshow Administrator responding to this question is. The gunshow insurance policy requires them to have the no loaded weapons rule. They wouldn't get insurance if they didn't comply. The administrator said they wouldn't have that rule unless it was required/dictated by the insurance.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #19

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

It's not a problem at the shows I attend here in Texas. The one requirement is that your gun be unloaded while you're in the show area. Usually a LEO will be at the door and ask if you have a firearm before you enter. If you do, he'll ask you to unload the gun, he will do a visual check to ensure the weapon is empty then pass you through.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #20

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

At Knob Creek in West Point Ky they require your firearm be unloaded and a big orange zip tie is passed through the action so theres no doubt your weapon is empty.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380