Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gun Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Concealed Carry at Gun Shows (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f104/concealed-carry-gun-shows-53443/)

glockman55 12-12-2011 03:37 PM

Concealed Carry at Gun Shows

Is it common practice to ban concealed carry at most Gun Shows?

Scratch 12-12-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockman55 (Post 649815)
Is it common practice to ban concealed carry at most Gun Shows?

It is up here in Minnesota/Western Wisconsin.

firedawg60 12-12-2011 04:09 PM

Here in Kansas it usually is. But since a lot of the places have taken down the gun buster signs, they usually just tape a piece of paper up saying no carry. I know a few people will walk by the signs since they don't comply with state law.

trip286 12-12-2011 04:16 PM

It is here in MS, I don't like it myself but I somewhat understand it after being at a gun show where some idiot started firing off rounds by mistake.

Just because the venue is for buying, selling, and trading guns, doesn't mean that everyone there is smart enough to handle one. And unfortunately that goes double for SOME permit holders.

When there are a lot of guns in one place, especially with how stupid some people are, the likelihood of having a fatal accident is increased

JonM 12-12-2011 06:41 PM

I dont do it cuz of signs but because i dont want to be accused of sticking someone's stock item in my pants if im made carrying.

Its prolly irrational but its what i think lol

JTJ 12-12-2011 07:27 PM

The only gun show I was allowed to carry was the NRA Convention in Phoenix AZ. Most of them dont allow carry and require all guns to be disabled with a plastic tie. There was an incident at one show where someone loaded a round into a 45 auto. The dealer was busy but was kind of suspicious when the guy set the pistol down and took off in a hurry. He checked the pistol mostly because he thought the guy might have stolen a part and found the live round. He was evidently trying to create an incident and did not care who got hurt.

JonM 12-12-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 649997)
The only gun show I was allowed to carry was the NRA Convention in Phoenix AZ. Most of them dont allow carry and require all guns to be disabled with a plastic tie. There was an incident at one show where someone loaded a round into a 45 auto. The dealer was busy but was kind of suspicious when the guy set the pistol down and took off in a hurry. He checked the pistol mostly because he thought the guy might have stolen a part and found the live round. He was evidently trying to create an incident and did not care who got hurt.

Prolly one of eric holder's personal batfe f&f men.

c3shooter 12-12-2011 11:54 PM

Shows I go to require all firearms that pass the two nice police officers at the door to be zip tied. Concern is a LOT of guns and a LOT of people in a very small space.

There was a show not too long ago where a dealer had a ND inside the show. He and his merchandise were removed from the show posthaste, and the officers at the show arrested him.

It did not seem to find disapproval of anyone at the show, with several hundred people in the show. Nobody hurt which was DAMNED lucky.

Chainfire 12-13-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 650190)
Shows I go to require all firearms that pass the two nice police officers at the door to be zip tied. Concern is a LOT of guns and a LOT of people in a very small space.

There was a show not too long ago where a dealer had a ND inside the show. He and his merchandise were removed from the show posthaste, and the officers at the show arrested him.

It did not seem to find disapproval of anyone at the show, with several hundred people in the show. Nobody hurt which was DAMNED lucky.

We have the same two police at our shows for the same reason. I agree with the policy. Could you imagine what would happen in a room full of armed folks, many of whom are yahoos, when (and it would be when) an AD happened. It could be like the old time pie fights in the Three Stooges, only with bullets.

Something like that could end gunshows in our state.

glockman55 12-13-2011 10:32 PM

I don't agree with this way of thinking. I just don't go to any Gun shows anymore, most everything is over priced anyway..But I guess I can't see a problem, any permit holder is supposed to be a responsible and component to carry a firearm, so I just can't see what the difference is in the gun show vs Walmart.. It should be dealt with by the law, if a CPL holder breaks the law then he pays the price. We all shouldn't have to pay for these Morons. Like that will ever change...Right?