Feinstein Gun Ban List of 157 Firearms You Cant Have
Posted Jan 28th 2013 | By:
Direct from the good Senators website is the official list of 157 specifically named firearms that she intends to legally ban the sale, transfer, manufacturing and importation of.
Firearms Talk brings you this list as a public service to the gun community as a whole for your personal reference.
List of firearms prohibited by name
Rifles: All AK types, including the following: AK, AK47, AK47S, AK74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK47, VEPR, WASR10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS; All AR types, including the following: AR10, AR15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K1, K2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK91, HK93, HK94, HKPSG1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub2000, SU16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M14/20CF; All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.
Pistols: All AK47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK47 pistol, HCR AK47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol; All AR15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP9 and MP45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB10, TEC22 Scorpion, TEC9, and TECDC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol; The following MAC types: MAC10, MAC11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp Ingram M11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre; All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5; All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.
Shotguns: Franchi LAW12 and SPAS 12; All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12.
Belt-fed semiautomatic firearms: All belt-fed semiautomatic firearms including TNW M2HB.
(Any gun that takes a banana clip is evil)
Looking at the above list we have come across the following conclusions thus far about what the lobby seems to be up to:
- Going hard after 50-cals: The ban list specifically mentions the Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1. These long-range target rifles are among the best known and bestselling 12.7x99mm chambered guns on the market. Their use in crimes is completely unheard of and their magazine capacity is under the gun control lobby's publicly stated 10-round limit. In addition, the only belt-fed gun listed by name, the TNW M2HB, is a fifty. It seems that as a class, 50s have a senseless target on their back.
- Feinstein hates pistol caliber carbines: Almost every pistol caliber carbine in modern production is on this list. These guns, light compact rifles that fire 9mm/40/45ACP ammunition common to handguns, are extremely popular with target shooters who like them for their ease of balance, mild recoil, and affordability to shoot. They also make ideal home defense firearms for those who have problems with handguns and are unable to absorb the recoil of shotguns. For this reason, they make good personal defense guns for persons with disabilities. Their use in crime is extremely rare. Examples of this type are the people's champion Hi-Point carbine, the Beretta CX4, Feather Industries AT9, the Thompson rifles (all 13 makes!), the UZI variants, the Calico Liberty Series, and the KelTec Sub 2000.
(The humble Hi-Point 995 keeps the anti-gun lobby awake at night)
- If its 556 or 7.62x39, it's an assault rifle: It seems as if the gun lobby flipped through the pages of the Shotgun News or Recoil magazine and circled anything that looked scary to them, especially if its chambered in 5.56mm or 7.62x39mm. Of the 157 guns on the list, with the exception of the 20 or so pistol caliber carbines, the TNW M2HB and Barrett guns, and the dozen or so shotguns, nearly 100 of them are in these two calibers.
- Shotguns are ok, except for guns that have been in a lot of action movies such as the Franchi, Streetsweeper, and SPAS series, oh and anything that says Saiga on the side of it.
- Many in Congress and the right say that this bill is dead in the water.
If you have an opinion on it, share it with your own representatives, and by all means, forward this article around.
If nothing else, it makes a good shopping list.
and Tagged with
157 guns, ban list, gun ban list, list of banned guns, guns to be banned list, gun control, assault weapons ban, new york gun control, new york weapons ban, new york assault weapons, new york gun